Sunday, November 05, 2006

Yo! The Dragon flies away


Original link for the story

A beggar child with no name finds the dangerous streets more exciting than being housed at the Youth Center doing nothing. He grows up a thief and now boasts of his exploits.

This is a story of wasted lives. Dragonfly was just one of them. I used to visit these children whom I closely observed as having no love from their homes, but most especially with no sense of direction. I hated the idea of foreigners visiting them as specimens, although I was thankful that at least they came with some food and some blowing-bubbles toys. These do not last, however, just like the home atmosphere that the Youth Center was providing. Something was lacking definitely. What that was, I believe the social workers should find out - while there's still time.

No comments: